Vampire Academy Movie Trailer is out!

I’m sorry but this looks like a hot mess.  It doesn’t capture the feel of the books at all and if that’s Dmitri…I’m just all kinds of meh on this one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10 Responses

1. Honestly the movie does not look all that great to me. I don’t even think I would want to watch it.

August 15, 2013 at 1:38 am

• ErikaT

It’s a shame. I mean, I know movies are impossible to get right in our minds but they have to at least try a little harder!

August 15, 2013 at 11:08 pm

2. Not at all the way I envisioned it. It looks like it could end up being really stupid.

August 15, 2013 at 10:59 am

• ErikaT

It just boggles my mind how they could miss the mark this much.

August 15, 2013 at 11:08 pm

3. I have not been hearing very good things about the trailer from all over the book world. Someone had made a comment about it looking like a preview for a show on the CD, I think she nailed it. I thought the casting was way off and was hoping that the movie would be so good that I could look beyond that, it’s not looking good, I hope it doesn’t join the ranks of Beautiful Creatures and The Host, they were not good but o loved the books. The Mortal Instruments on the other hand, I think, looks amazing, loved the book. I guess we’ll all see when we get to see the movie, but for now, if the trailer are the best parts, were in trouble.

August 15, 2013 at 1:46 pm

• ErikaT

I figured you meant the CW. I don’t even know if it’s that level. Though Twilight’s first movie was pretty bad too (though I only watched through the second one and then I gave up, just not a Twilight fan). Mortal Instruments actually does look better to me as well. I started the book but I never finished. I may try to finish before seeing the movie. I have screening passes for it next week so I’ll see how it goes. But it’s release date (late August) suggests it’s probably not THAT great. We’ll see.

August 15, 2013 at 11:14 pm

4. It was the CW, SORRY BOUT THAT

August 15, 2013 at 1:47 pm

5. I think it looks horrible! I wish they would be true to the books if they are going to make them into movies. The books did well for a reason, don’t fuck with a good thing. I wonder when the movie industry will learn.

August 15, 2013 at 9:30 pm

• ErikaT

They will learn when it stops being lucrative enough.

August 15, 2013 at 11:14 pm

6. Pingback: » Movie Review! The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Your Urban Fantasy Blog